The matchless red sandstone is the hallmark of this former stronghold of the Counts of Turenne. It is everywhere : beneath the "lauze" stone-slab or slate roofs of the impressive 15C and 16C houses, and adorning the corn and wine mart and the Church of Saint Pierre too.
Must-sees and must-dos
- The Black Penitents’ Chapel
- Church of Saint Pierre
- Maison de la Sirène,(Mermaid’s House, exhibiting local heritage)
- Le Moutardier du Pape (museum about local mustards' production)
- A guided tour of the village
- Unusual sights : Maison de la Sirène (Mermaid’s House)
You're still looking for a good place in France to spend your holidays ? What about the Most Beautiful Villages of France ? Now you can prepare and book your trip on our website*. Just click here !
*This part is still in french, but we work hard to offer you an english version soon !