A small village that is labelled a Grand Site de France. In the heart of the Lot Valley, this key stopping place on the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela conceals a wealth of treasures : half-timbered houses, the 11C and 12C abbey church of Sainte Foy, its 250 capitals, its contemporary stained-glass windows by Pierre Soulages and its tympanum with 124 sculpted figures depicting the Last Judgement, but also THE treasure, that of Sainte Foy, a golden statue covered in gold and precious stones.
Must-sees and must-dos
- Sainte Foy Abbey Church and its Treasure
- The Cultural and Tourist Centre
- The European Centre for Art and Medieval Civilisation
- The Maison du Frayssou (typical home, history of the architecture and the environment of the village)
- The guided visits of the village
- Abbeys and churches : Sainte Foy Abbey Church