Some ten kilometres south of Sarlat, Domme is perched on a breathtakingly high cliff that allows it to enjoy an exceptional view of the Dordogne valley and the neighbouring Most Beautiful Villages of La Roque-Gageac and Beynac-et-Cazenac. This creamy-stoned "bastide" or fortified village boasts a successful combination of architectural, natural and gastronomic heritage typical of Périgord Noir.
Information : Périgord Noir-Vallée de la Dordogne Tourist Office - Tel : +33 (0)5 53 31 71 00
Must-sees and must-dos
- Church of Notre Dame de l’Assomption
- Tour des Templiers(Templars’ Tower)
- Museum of Popular Arts and Traditions
- Caves and the development of concretions
- A guided tour of the village