The houses of Gordes cling to the side of the Vaucluse plateau, overlooking Cavaillon plain. They are arranged in tiers around the imposing Renaissance castle and church and narrow cobbled streets wind their way through them. Gordes is a village of artists and has been extolled by Marc Chagall, Victor Vasarely and Pol Mara ; it is a must on Provence’s cultural trail.
- Abbeys and churches : Sénanque Abbey
- Castles and ramparts : The Renaissance castle
- Panoramas : Views of the village from the road, view of Apt Valley and Cavaillon plain from the top of the village
- Unusual sights : The village of Les Bories (dry-stone huts)
- Wine : AOC Côtes du Ventoux wines