The houses of Gordes cling to the side of the Vaucluse plateau, overlooking Cavaillon plain. They are arranged in tiers around the imposing Renaissance castle and church and narrow cobbled streets wind their way through them. Gordes is a village of artists and has been extolled by Marc Chagall, Victor Vasarely and Pol Mara ; it is a must on Provence’s cultural trail.
- Abbeys and churches : Sénanque Abbey
- Castles and ramparts : The Renaissance castle
- Panoramas : Views of the village from the road, view of Apt Valley and Cavaillon plain from the top of the village
- Unusual sights : The village of Les Bories (dry-stone huts)
- Wine : AOC Côtes du Ventoux wines
Participate to an exceptionnal rally accross the Most Beautiful Villages from Paris to Cannes created by 4 roues sous 1 parapluie and the association Les Plus Beaux Villages de France.
From May 8th to 15th 2016, the rally invites you to discover about 20 villages classified among the Most Beautiful Villages of France on the road from Paris to Cannes through an original scenario of treasure hunt !
Driving in your 2CV, by crew of 2 or 4 attendees, you will follow an itinerary thanks to the riddles