Moustiers has established its houses and bustling streets in the indentation of a rock, right beside the Lac de Sainte-Croix and the Gorges du Verdon. It is famous for producing pottery (faïence) and the village still has some twenty workshops devoted to that craft today.
Must-sees and must-dos
- Chapel of Notre Dame de Beauvoir
- Church of Notre Dame de L’Assomption
- Musée de la Faïence (Pottery Museum)
- A guided tour of the village
- By the waterside : Source of the River Adou, Lac de Sainte-Croix, Gorges du Verdon
- Unusual sights : The "Chain" and its star linking the two rocky cliffs overhanging the village
- Panoramas : View of the village and its site from a waymarked path leading to the "Chain"